I just learned about this amazing local event, Food for Thought Expo being held this Satuday, March 31st at the Fairfield High School and it’s FREE! Here is some information about the event.
Fairfield’s 3rd annual “Food for Thought Expo” showcases good food and how it’s easy to prepare and enjoy with the family. With presentations and displays by local farms, food stores, bakeries, health food vendors – and kid’s activities – the Food Expo provides a one-stop experience for the whole family on Saturday, March 31th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at Fairfield Warde High School. Admission is free.
Sponsored by the Fuel for Learning Partnership (FFLP), a Fairfield PTA Committee, the Food for Thought Expo will feature over 40 exhibitors showing products and services that help make good eating habits part of every meal. Some of the highlights include:
- Children’s activities and movies throughout the day.
- Watch cooking demos for tips and recipes from local chefs
- Our CT farms: where to get local vegetables, meats, and cheeses
- Taste the best artisanal bread from local bakeries
- Learn to garden!
- How to join a CSA or food buying club
- Sample foods from local restaurants
- What’s it take to keep bees?
- Talk to nutrition professionals
- Finding the right cookbook at our Fairfield Public Library
My family and I will definitely be attending this event. It sounds like a great learning experience and so much fun for adults and kids! It is so amazing how much our local communities have to offer, it’s up to us to enjoy it all, especially when it’s FREE!
Hopefully, next year Food Jules will participate in this great event!