The key to light and fluffy pancakes is to NOT overmix the batter.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 1/2 cups organic low fat or whole milk
- 3 tblsp unsalted organic butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat pancake griddle to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk wet ingredients in separate bowl: eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix gently, just until combined. Do NOT overmix batter.
- Fold in any of your favorite ingredients: blueberries, bananas, walnuts, chocolate chips etc. Mix just until combined.
- Melt some unsalted butter on the griddle and using a small ladle, pour pancake batter, about 2 inches apart. Turn pancakes when you see bubbles starting around the edges.
- Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.
Enjoy these classic pancakes any morning or evening as a dinner alternative!