- 1 lb. Thai rice noodles
- 8 tblsp canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced into small cubes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, diagonally sliced
- ½ cup pad thai sauce
- 2 tblsp teriyaki stir fry sauce
- Soak noodles in boiling, hot water while making stir fry. Stir well so noodles don’t stick together.
- Heat 2 tblsp canola oil in wok or large frying pan. Add egg and scramble together until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tblsp canola oil in same pan. Add chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Set aside with egg.
- Heat remaining 3 more tblsp oil in pan and add garlic and red onions. Stir fry for a couple minutes, then add noodles, carrots, green onions, eggs and chicken. Add pad thai sauce and continue to stir fry until noodles are well coated with sauce.
- Finally, add teriyaki stir fry sauce and cook for another couple minutes until noodles are cooked. Add more sauce or chicken broth, if noodles are too dry. Toss well to incorporate.
Makes 6 servings.