This is an easy and delicious curry recipe. Not spicy unless you want it to be by adding more red pepper flakes. Serve with naan bread.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp ground curry powder*
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 (14oz) can organic coconut milk
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- In a large cast iron pan, heat oil and sauté onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in grated ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Then, add curry powder and red pepper flakes and just heat for a minute, until fragrant.
- Deglaze pan with vegetable broth. Stir in diced tomatoes, coconut milk and all the chopped vegetables. Season with salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until all vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve over brown rice.
Makes 6 servings.
* I used the Trader Joes curry powder, it’s my favorite. I also like to add in a little Garam Masala if you have some at home, yum!