These cookies are pure heaven, especially right out of the oven! I made them gluten free, but you can certainly swap out the oat flour for all-purpose flour. I wouldn’t omit the almond flour as it gives this cookie a ton of almond flavor, which I just love!
A couple of days later, I took a handful of these cookies and threw them in the food processor along with some melted butter to make a delicious crust for a gluten free cheesecake. I am a smart little cookie.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ lb unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond and oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter with eggs. Then whisk in sugar until creamy. Stir in almond and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients in with the flour mixture and mix until combined and dough comes together.
- Scoop teaspoonful of dough, roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten cookies while pressing sliced almonds over top of each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.