Oh my gosh…. I made these the other day for the first time, and they are so good! I adapted this recipe from another food blog and just made a couple of minor tweaks. The chia seeds give these muffins a nice crunch and the bananas, maple syrup and dates give them such a superb amount of sweetness. These muffins are packed with all natural protein, fiber, antioxidants and omega 3s!
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup pitted dates, minced
- 2 large organic eggs
- ¼ cup Greek plain yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk oat flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, chia seeds, baking soda and salt. Stir in minced dates.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, plain yogurt, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 18 standard muffins.