These muffins hit the spot! Just the perfect amount of sweetness layered with intense chocolate flavor, yum! These are a perfect after school snack.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large organic eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 standard muffins.