These corn muffins are so delicious warm out of the oven and served with butter and some of my Food Jules Triple Berry Jam! It is my favorite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tblsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small glass bowl, melt butter in microwave for 45 seconds. Pour into a bowl and whisk together with milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and gently stir just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!!!! Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 18 standard muffins.