These chocolate muffins are so sweet and delicious and perfectly moist! I use the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Cocoa Powder and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. I love their rich, chocolate flavor.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups brewed hot decaf organic coffee
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups organic sugar
- 1½ cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1½ cups organic buttermilk
- ¾ cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In small bowl, mix 3oz. chocolate chips with hot coffee until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs until creamy. Add buttermilk, safflower oil, vanilla extract and melted chocolate/coffee mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 18 standard muffins.