Start off your morning right with this nutritious and delicious Morning Glory Muffin, full of vitamins, protein, fiber and iron.
*This version is gluten free, made with oat and almond flour. However, if you are not gluten free, you can substitute exact amounts for whole wheat flour.
- 1½ cups oat flour*
- ½ cup almond flour*
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded zucchini or crushed pineapple
- 1 organic apple, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup organic raisins
- ¼ cup shredded organic unsweetened coconut
- 2 large organic eggs
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- ½ cup safflower oil or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, almond flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine shredded carrots, zucchini or pineapple, apple, walnuts, raisins and coconut. Add to flour mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, maple syrup, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients into flour and carrot mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 standard muffins.