Cookies for breakfast? YES! These cookies are a perfect treat for any time of day, even for breakfast. No added sugar, eggs or butter but these still have all the great flavors of oats, bananas, peanut butter and sweetened with some agave nectar and chocolate chips. My kids LOVE these, as do I!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp milled flax seed + 5 tbsp water)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup organic creamy peanut butter*
- 3 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour*
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine milled flax seed and water and set aside. In a large bowl, peel and mash bananas. Whisk in peanut butter, agave nectar, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oats, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes until it thickens.
- Scoop batter, using an ice cream scooper onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Yields 1 dozen cookies.
*NOTE: As always, you can adjust this recipe if you are also going nut free – just substitute the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter or soy butter and the almond flour for oat or sorghum flour and omit the walnuts. Enjoy.