So, it’s Fall again! Time to start baking with seasonal apples, pumpkins and winter squash! Here is our first recipe of this season…. this delicious, nutritious and perfectly sweet Pumpkin Bread, baked in a bundt pan to appeal more as a “cake”. You would never know this “cake” is gluten free and vegan!
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose GF flour*
- 1 cup almond flour*
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp ground cloves, ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 flax eggs**
- 1 (15oz) can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 (5.3oz) containers vanilla coconut or almond yogurt
- ½ cup sunflower or melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Glaze: 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a bit of coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, all-purpose GF flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Whisk until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine 6 tsp milled flax seed and 2 tsp water. Stir together and set aside to thicken. In the meantime, in another large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, yogurt, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined. Stir in flax eggs.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon batter into bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- To make glaze, whisk ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup and 1 tsp pure vanilla extract. If needed, add a couple tiny drops of coconut milk and stir until right consistency to drizzle over cooled cake.
Notes: If you prefer to make this cake with regular wheat flour, then you can use the following substitution for the flour: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour.
*I used Bob’s 1:1 all-purpose GF flour and Bob’s almond flour
**If you prefer to use regular eggs, you can substitute with 2 large eggs