I made these muffins for the first time last year and they were so sweet, light and fluffy. The ingredients make a perfect combination to bring in the Fall.
If you don’t have almond or oat flour, you can easily substitute it for whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup dairy or almond milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or safflower oil
- ¼ cup Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash sweet potato. Whisk in eggs, maple syrup, milk, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Brush tops with extra maple syrup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 standard muffins.