These granola bars are delicious! They are so chewy and chock-full-of-nuts, a perfect whole grain and protein snack for breakfast or any time of the day.
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup dried organic cranberries
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tblsp sesame seeds
- 1 tblsp milled flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 3 tblsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking pan with canola oil spray. Line with parchment paper, with edges of paper hanging over sides of pan. Grease parchment paper with canola oil spray.
- In the bowl of food processor, add ½ cup almonds, ½ cup pecans and ½ cup oats. Pulse into small crumbs, being careful not to over process into a butter. Pour into a large bowl.
- Roughly chop remaining almonds and pecans. Add to bowl, along with remaining oats, dried cranberries, coconut, sesame seeds, flax seed, cinnamon and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a small saucepan, add coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract. Stir until mixture melts and foams. Pour into oat mixture and mix well.
- Bake for 15 minutes or lightly golden brown around the edges. Cool in pan for a couple of hours, then cut into bars.
Makes 12 granola bars.