This gluten free buttermilk pancake recipe is a staple here in our household. It is always sweet and delicious and so versatile. This time, in honor of Fall, we added ground cinnamon and a shredded apple to it.
If you don’t have oat and brown rice flour, you can substitute for whole wheat flour. However, they truly are light and fluffy with the gluten free flour and I love the earthy flavor of oat flour.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups organic buttermilk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 organic Gala apple, peeled and shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk oat flour, brown rice flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in shredded apple.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Let sit for a couple minutes while griddle is warming up which allows batter to thicken slightly.
- Using a small ladle, pour batter onto griddle. When you see small bubbles, flip them over. Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
Yields 1 dozen pancakes.