One of our most popular products at the Monroe Farmers Market, our Food Jules Nutty Granola. It is a perfect balance of oats, nuts and dried fruit. Feel free to use this basic recipe and add in any of your favorite nuts, seeds or dried fruit combinations.
- 3 cups organic whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries
- 2 tblsp milled flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or safflower oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, pecans, walnuts, almonds, coconut, dried cranberries, flax seed and cinnamon.
- In large measuring cup, whisk oil, maple syrup, honey, brown sugar and vanilla. Pour liquid mixture into oat mixture. Stir to combine.
- Dump granola mixture evenly onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then toss around granola and bake for another 10 minutes. Store in airtight glass containers.
Makes 6 large jars.