Cookies for breakfast? YUP, these are wholesome, low sugar, cookies that you can eat for breakfast and they are so soft and chewy.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tblsp organic unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup organic raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk applesauce, maple syrup, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chopped pecans and raisins. Spoon batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Yields 1 dozen cookies.