You’ll find tons of recipes here made from sweet, nutritious pumpkin.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 1/2 cups organic milk
- 4 tblsp unsalted organic butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and pumpkin. Pour wet ingredients with the flour mixture, just until combined.
- Slightly butter waffle iron and pour batter in center of each section.
- Cook waffles for 3-5 minutes or until light brown. Enjoy with or without butter and pure maple syrup.
Makes 1 dozen waffles.