You’ll never believe these are HEALTHY cookies, vegan and gluten free.
These cookies are made with wholesome ingredients such as oats, coconut, nuts and sweetened with mashed bananas and a little agave nectar (or you can use maple syrup). Yes, I also have a few dark chocolate chips in there because dark chocolate (65% or more) is a great antioxidant. That’s why I call them “breakfast cookies” because your family can enjoy them for a healthy breakfast treat!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp milled flax seed, 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cups quick oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir flax seed and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, oat flour, almond flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk melted coconut oil, mashed bananas, peanut butter, agave nectar and vanilla extract. Stir in flax eggs. Pour mixture into flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using small ice cream scooper, drop onto baking sheet and flatten into cookies with fork. (Hint: using a wet fork will prevent fork from sticking to cookie) Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Makes one dozen cookies.