Frittatas are so versatile. You can add anything you like to eat from different vegetables, meat or cheese. I used this recipe for our cleanse day, so you see there isn’t any bacon or milk in the recipe. If you want, you can certainly add 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to the egg mixture. YUM!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, minced
- 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped frozen kale or spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan with olive oil spray. Spray well because you don’t want these to stick to the pan.
- In a small skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil to saute shallot, red and green pepper and turkey bacon. Cook for a few minutes until softened and bacon is slightly crisp.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in cooked vegetables and turkey bacon. Add in cooked quinoa, kale and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full with egg and bacon mixture. Bake for 15 minutes until eggs are set and light golden brown.
- The frittatas will be puffy but will settle once cooled. Using a knife, run the edge of the knife around the edge of each frittata to loosen.
Makes one dozen mini frittatas.