- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat panini press or stove top griddle.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute onion, red and green pepper for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for another minute, being careful not to brown garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and pepper mixture to bowl. Drain and rinse black beans and corn and add to onion and pepper mixture. Mix in salsa and stir until well combined.
- With machine running, slowly pour in olive oil and process until pesto is thoroughly pureed.
- Layer one tortilla wrap with black bean and corn mixture. Sprinkle with monterey jack cheese and top with another tortilla wrap.
- Grill quesadillas for 2-3 minutes or until lightly brown and cheese is melted.
Makes 4 quesadillas.