This is a simple, delicious, cheesy “bread” option, to eat alongside a warm, cup of soup or serve as an appetizer with some marinara sauce.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large organic egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried italian seasoning mix
- ½ tsp salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, add cauliflower florets and process until it looks like rice. Place in a large glass bowl and cook in the microwave for 8 minutes. No need to add water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Add egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic to cooked cauliflower. Season with dried Italian seasoning mix and salt. Mix well. Transfer to baking sheet and pat into rectangle.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and a little more Italian seasoning mix. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into “bread” sticks.
Makes one dozen breadsticks.