Everyone needs more vegetables in their diet and this is a perfect way to add them in… with cheese!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- pizza toppings: marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and garlic
- In the bowl of a food processor, add cauliflower florets and process until it looks like rice. (You may have to do this in two batches. You can also purchase “riced cauliflower” already processed) Place in a large glass bowl and cook in the microwave for 8 minutes, stirring until cooked. Do NOT add water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil spray.
- In bowl with riced cauliflower, add eggs, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic. Season with oregano and salt. Mix well. Then, taking a handful of mixture at a time, squeeze out liquid. Transfer to baking sheet and pat down into a thin layer on baking sheet. Keep patting mixture until you get a nice thin layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Top cooked cauliflower crust with sauce, mozzarella cheese and any other pizza toppings. Bake for another 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Makes 1 rectangle pizza.