This is my favorite recipe. I LOVE fajitas!
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ orange, juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 organic red onion, sliced
- 1 organic red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 organic green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pkg sliced bella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 whole wheat or corn tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, chopped garlic and cilantro. Season with salt, cumin, chili powder and coriander. Add chicken strips to marinade and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, sauté sliced onion, red and green pepper for a couple minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté for a couple more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove vegetables into bowl and set aside. Add 2 tblsp olive oil into same pan and sauté chicken for 5-8 minutes or until cooked. Stir in cooked vegetables and mix until well combined.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until warm. Serve fajitas with shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole or you can serve over brown rice.
Makes 4 servings.