This is one of my favorite recipes! It’s light, super flavorful and very healthy. Full of fiber and protein! I love this recipe so much that it was recently featured on a cooking segment I hosted on WTNH News Channel 8.
- 8 organic chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12oz) container organic baby spinach
- Heat a Dutch oven with olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and sear until golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and allow to melt. Stir in onions and season with salt and pepper. Add in rosemary and garlic and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Return chicken to pan, along with chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender. Stir in beans and baby spinach. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes until spinach is wilted. Serve over polenta or quinoa.
Makes 4 servings.