I’ve been looking for the perfect gluten free pizza dough and have tried so many of the store brands and those offered at pizza restaurants and none of them taste as DELICIOUS as this homemade version! My husband was thrilled to finally eat pizza that tastes just like the original gluten pizza.
- 3 cups gluten free flour (1 cup white rice flour, ½ cup tapioca starch, ½ cup oat flour, ½ cup sorghum flour, ½ cup millet flour)
- ½ tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1¼ cup warm water, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine yeast with ¾ up warm water (110-115 degrees). Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar and let stand for about 10 minutes until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder and remaining 2 tbsp sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the yeast mixture, olive oil and additional ½ cup warm water. Stir until well combined, using a wooden spoon. Dough will look like batter. Add a little more flour, if needed. Allow to sit in warm space for a few minutes.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray and plop your dough down. Using your hands and a little flour, work from middle and push to spread/flatten dough to edges. It will be messy but its all worth it! Bake for 30 minutes or until it begins to look dry.
- Remove from oven and spread with pizza sauce, cheese and any toppings. Return it to the oven for another 20 minutes or until crust edges are golden brown and cheese is warm and bubbly.
Makes 1 large pizza crust.