This is one of Lilliana’s favorite meals. Sometimes (not often), I surprise her with it for lunch. It is very simple and the flavors are magnificent together. This recipe makes enough for four people so use a large non-stick saute pan.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 oz ) bag chopped organic frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 organic tomato, chopped (optional)
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cover bottom of saute pan with olive oil. Over medium heat, saute garlic for a minute or so, then add spinach and cook for 5 minutes or until spinach is well cooked with garlic.
- Add tomato chunks and cook for another few minutes until tomatoes are soft and incorporated into spinach mixture. Remove from heat and pour mixture into bowl. Let it cool slightly. Add eggs and parmesan cheese and mix until incorporated
- Add a little more olive oil to bottom of pan and pour egg and spinach mixture into pan. Sprinkle some additional parmesan cheese on top and cook over low heat for 5 minutes until eggs are well done on the bottom. Transfer to oven broiler for 2-3 minutes until top is well done and slightly browned.
Serve with some baked french fries and it’s a power packed meal!