This pasta recipe is so creamy and delicious and packed with tons of fiber, protein and vitamins. It is a family favorite in our household. Your kids will love it.
*** If you have fresh spinach in season, use it (finely chopped) instead of the frozen spinach. Plus, you can add finely chop kale too. YUM! ***
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (10oz) pkg frozen organic chopped spinach, thawed***
- 1 large organic tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 (16oz) bag cheese tortellini
- Cover bottom of sauté pan with olive oil. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes until light golden brown.
- Stir in spinach and tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for five minutes, continuously stirring.
- Add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese and basil. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, while cooking the tortellini.
- Cook tortellini in pot of salted, boiling water. Drain and add to spinach mixture. Cook until heated through. Serve with additional parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 servings.