This is an easy enchilada sauce, made with simple ingredients found in your pantry and without all the additives found in canned sauce. You will never go back to store bought enchilada sauce again!
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- 2 tblsp all-purpose flour*
- 2 tblsp chili powder
- 1 (8oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 1½ cups filtered water
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and chili powder. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, continuously whisking.
Makes 2 cups of enchilada sauce.
*to make gluten free, use brown rice flour