Nothing beats this homemade pesto sauce. It’s so simple, versatile and so in-expensive when using all that fresh basil from your home garden. Delicious!
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place pine nuts, walnuts and garlic in food processor or blender and process for 15 seconds until well minced.
- Add basil leaves, salt and pepper and process for another 15 minutes.
- With machine running, slowly pour in olive oil and process until pesto is thoroughly pureed.
- Add parmesan cheese and puree until incorporated.
- Pesto sauce can be used right away or stored in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin layer of olive oil on top.
Makes 4 cups of pesto sauce.