Rich, decadent chocolate cookies that taste just like a cookie/brownie combo. I prefer using Ghiradelli chocolate and Dagoba Organic Cocoa Powder. Recipe adapted from Giada DeLaurentis.
- 2 (4 oz.) bars of bittersweet chocolate, chopped (Ghiradelli)
- 2 tblsp organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder (Dagoba)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup organic sugar
- 2 large organic eggs, room temperature
- 2 tblsp organic milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small glass bowl, combine bittersweet chocolate pieces and butter and place over saucepan filled with simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in melted chocolate mixture, chocolate chips and walnuts, if using. Chill dough in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop mounds of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then switch baking sheets from top to bottom and bake for another 10 minutes, being careful not to over bake cookies.
Makes one dozen cookies.