Chocolate makes me very happy and this lava cake is unbelievable!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 4 ramekins with coconut spray and dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- In a large glass bowl, add chocolate chips and butter. Melt in microwave in 30 second increments, until melted. Stir until completely smooth and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, sugar and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk eggs and egg yolks until light and creamy.
- Pour egg mixture into chocolate mixture and stir well. Add in flour mixture and stir lightly just until combined. Spoon mixture into ramekins until ¾ full.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until sides are solid and firm but tops are slightly soft. Allow to cool for a couple minutes, then remove by inverting each cake onto a dish. Dust top with powdered sugar and serve with ice cream and berries.
Makes 4 lava cakes.