These brownies are quick to make with only eight simple ingredients, all of which you probably already have in your pantry. Besides, they are so much better for you then any box of brownie mix you have hidden in your kitchen cabinet.
If you’re not looking to avoid wheat, then go ahead and substitute the oat and almond flour for whole wheat flour, it’s that simple. If you do want to use oat and almond flour and don’t have any at home, it’s simple. Just drop same measurements of whole oats and almonds into a food processor, plus a little extra, and process until you get a fine, powder flour. That’s it.
So, what are you waiting for? Get up and start baking and be sure to savor every single bite!
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ¼ cup almond or brown rice flour*
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup bittersweet or dark chocolate
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk oat flour, almond flour and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and butter and place over simmering water. Whisk until completely melted and smooth. Remove from stove and let cool for a few minutes. Stir in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add in flour mixture and walnuts and stir vigorously until mixture is well combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool, then cut into squares.
Makes 1 dozen brownies.
* If not using gluten free flour, you can substitute with whole wheat flour