Sweet and delicious cinnamon sugar cookie. A must have for your holiday baking. These are the perfect gluten free cookie, all you need to do is replace the all-purpose flour with blanched almond flour!
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk all-purpose flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract until well incorporated. Stir in flour mixture, one cup at a time just until combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon for topping. Roll cookie dough into balls, then coat in sugar mixture and press dough down into cookies. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.