This soup is so very creamy and so very yummy. Your kids will LOVE it!
- 2 tblsp unsalted organic butter
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium organic potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large broccoli crowns
- 1 (32oz) organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic half and half
- 1 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in large pot. Add onion, celery and carrots and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes and 1 broccoli crown, chopped, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a hand blender, puree until smooth. Add half and half and other broccoli crown, finely chopped (you just want to see small pieces of broccoli in the soup) and cook for 10 minutes until broccoli is soft.
- If soup is too thick, add more half and half. Add cheddar cheese and mix well.