Summer in a bowl! Perfect side salad with fresh summer vegetables. Enjoy!
- 2 (15oz) cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 large shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ English cucumber, quartered (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 spicy dill pickle, minced (approx. ¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large lemon, juiced (approx. ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, shallot, celery, red and yellow peppers, carrot, cucumber, pickles and parsley. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and dried oregano. Stir dressing into chickpea mixture.
- add 1 can of tuna fish and serve over bed of lettuce as meal
- -add chopped fresh mozzarella and basil for Italian flavor
- -add feta and kalamata olives for Greek flavor
- -serve as a side salad with grilled fish or chicken
Makes 8-10 servings.