This corn chowder is easy to prepare and so very satisfying. A new soup favorite at our house! You can even add zucchini to this soup for some more yummy goodness!
- 1 tblsp unsalted organic butter and olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 organic celery stalk, chopped
- 3 organic potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 1 (18 oz) bag of frozen corn
- 1/3 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese (optional)
- Melt butter and olive oil in large pot. Add onion, garlic and celery and saute for 10 minutes, over low heat, until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add potato cubes, vegetable broth and milk. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Mash some of the mixture in the pot with a potato masher or a blender, just to make the soup a little thicker. Add corn and heavy cream and cook for another 5 minutes. If using cheese, add in cheese at the end.
It’s time to chow down!