This soup is so creamy, you won’t notice it uses Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream! Serve with charred ciabatta bread with fresh garlic or the classic, grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 (32oz) cans organic whole tomatoes
- 1 (32oz) vegetable broth
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Add onion and celery and cook for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and continue to mix for just another minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. (Add in water if it’s too thick) Add in fresh basil and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree soup with hand blender until smooth. Add Greek yogurt and simmer for a couple minutes until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.