This salad is absolutely delicious and packed with tons of nutritional benefits.
- 1 bunch organic dinosaur or black kale
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled or parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Remove tough stems from kale and chop kale into small, bite sized pieces. Transfer kale to large salad bowl, sprinkle with pinch of salt and massage leaves with your hands, lightly, until leaves are darker in color.
- Add pecans and cranberries to bowl and crumble goat cheese or shave parmesan cheese over the top of salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and lemon. Season with salt and pepper and pour dressing over the salad. Toss until salad is evenly coated. Serve immediately or allow salad to marinate in dressing for a few minutes before serving.
Makes four servings.