This has been a favorite in the Dias (my parents and sister) household for years!
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tblsp all-purpose flour
- 2 (6oz) cans minced clams and liquid
- 2 (8oz) bottles of clam juice
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tblsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté bacon until cooked and crisp. Drain on paper towels, cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In same skillet, sauté onion and potatoes for a couple minutes. Sprinkle with flour.
- Add clam juice from cans and from bottle. Stir to combine and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add minced clams. Heat just until simmering. Sprinkle with parsley and bacon.
Makes 6 servings.