This soup is so smooth and creamy, your kids will absolutely devour it! Clean leeks thoroughly to remove all possible sand. When cutting up the leeks, only use the white and light green part of the leek. Do NOT use the green leaves. Your soup should be white, not green.
- 3 tblsp unsalted organic butter
- 6-8 organic leeks, chopped
- 2 organic celery stalks (and leaves), chopped
- 6 medium organic potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup organic half and half
- Melt in a soup pot, over low heat, butter with a couple tablespoons of water. Add and cook the leeks, stirring frequently. Add the celery and continue to cook until slightly tender but not browned.
- Stir in potatoes and enough water or chicken stock (my preference) to cover all of the potatoes and leeks. Season with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Puree with hand blender until smooth. At the end, add half and half to give it a smooth and creamy finish. You can add more or less depending on the consistency. You don’t want the soup to be too thick or too thin.
- To add a little color to the soup, sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley at the very end.