It’s that time of the year… nothing beats a warm, comforting bowl of soup during those cool months. This one is full of flavor and packed with nutrition.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 3 links Italian style chicken or turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 (15oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can organic cannellini beans, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch Lacinato (dinosaur kale), chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or whole grain pasta
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté sausage until lightly golden brown. Stir in chopped onions, celery and garlic and continue to sauté for five minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in diced tomatoes, cannellini white beans and broth. Bring to a simmer. Add in chopped kale and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are all tender.
- Remove from heat and serve with parmesan cheese and quinoa or pasta.
Makes 6 servings.