Delicious sweet and warm cornbread. Serve it toasted with a dab of butter and jam (yum) or eat it with some Vegetarian Chili. If you’re in the mood for muffins, just drop batter into muffin liners and bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 1 cup corn or oat flour
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tblsp organic unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup organic buttermilk
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- ¼ cup pure honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk corn flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter or coconut oil, eggs, buttermilk, organic sugar, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 standard muffins.