On Thursday, we made our first recipe as part of our Food Jules Cookbook Challenge. It is a NEW recipe and it is easy and delicious, just in time for the Fall season: Pumpkin Waffles.
The pureed pumpkin in these waffles makes them moist, sweet and super yummy, even without butter or maple syrup! The Cerrato family (including my two nieces) give this recipe a thumbs up. Make it with your kids for breakfast or as a dinner alternative.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 1/2 cups organic milk
- 4 tblsp unsalted organic butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- Preheat waffle iron. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and pumpkin. Pour wet ingredients with the flour mixture, just until combined.
- Slightly butter waffle iron and pour batter in center of each section.
- Cook waffles for 3-5 minutes or until light brown. Enjoy with or without butter and pure maple syrup.
Join us in our Cookbook Challenge and send us your grade!