Sometimes, you just need a little chocolate to make you smile, even for just a few minutes…. Well, yesterday I needed a whole lot of chocolate so I made these delicious, sweet, moist DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS!
If you need a little bit of chocolate heaven, go out and get all of these ingredients and make these yummy muffins. Trust me, you will thank me as you devour them right out of the oven!
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups brewed hot decaf organic coffee
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups organic sugar
- 1½ cups cocoa powder (Ghiradelli Double Chocolate)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1½ cups organic buttermilk
- ¾ cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In small bowl, mix 3oz. chocolate chips with hot coffee until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs until creamy. Add buttermilk, safflower oil, vanilla extract and melted chocolate/coffee mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX! Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 18 standard muffins.
Delicious, Moist, Sweet Muffins! I’m going to go eat another one right now!